Data Protection Notice for www.demig.de and www.demig.com
This data protection information applies to the data processing on the website www.demig.de and www.demig.com, which is carried out by the following controller:
demig Prozessautomatisierung GmbH
tel: +49 (0) 271 - 7 72 02-0
fax: +49 (0) 271 - 7 47 04
The external data protection officer of demig Prozessautomatisierung GmbH is available for you under the following contact data:
Birlenbacher Str. 20
Collection and retention of personal data and type and purpose of use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website, information is automatically sent to our website server by the browser you are using on your device. This information is temporarily retained in a log file. The information listed below is automatically collected and retained until it is automatically deleted, generally after one week:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Name and URL of the file opened,
• Website from which you accessed our website (referrer URL),
• Browser used and optionally your computer’s operating system as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the data listed above for the following purposes:
• to guarantee the establishment of a smooth connection to the website,
• to guarantee easy use of our website,
• to evaluate system security and stability,
• to investigate any suspicious or unauthorized access attempts (DoS/DDoS attacks, among others) and
• for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, letter f of the GDPR. Our justified interest is consistent with the purposes listed above for which we collect the data. As a rule we do not use the data we collect to identify you. However, we reserve the right to do so in the event it becomes necessary to investigate unauthorized access to or misuse of our site.
In addition, we have implemented Cookies and Analysis Tools on our website (see “Cookies” and “Analysis Tools” below).
When using our Customer-Download
In our download area, we provide documents, programs and updates for a free of charge download for our customers. For a sufficient identification we need some personal data to know who sends the enquiry and to answer it. Further information can be given optionally. Data provided for purposes of contacting us is processed in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, lit a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. Upon your request, the collected personal data for using our customer download area can be deleted at any time.
Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We transfer your personal data that we have collected via this website to third parties only if:
• you have given your express consent for such a transfer in accordance with Article 6, para. 1, sent. 1, lit. a GDPR,
• the transfer is necessary in accordance with Article 6, para. 1, sent. 1, lit. f GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defense of claims under the law and there is no reason to assume that you have a justified overriding interest in not allowing your data to be transferred.
• if we are legally obligated to transfer the data in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, lit. c GDPR, and
• the transfer is permitted by law and in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, lit. b GDPR for the handling of contractual relationships with you.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
• under Art. 15 GDPR to request information concerning your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the purpose of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period of time the data will be stored, your right to the correction, erasure, restriction of processing, your right to object, your right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data if it was not originally collected by us, and the potential existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if so, reliable information on the details of such processes;
We may only refuse to disclose information to you if and to the extent that such information would reveal information which must be kept secret in accordance with a legal provision or its nature, in particular because of the overriding legitimate interests of a third party (§ 29 para. 1 sentence 2 BDSG), the responsible public authority has established to us that the disclosure of the data would endanger public security or order or otherwise adversely affect the welfare of the Federal Republic of Germany or a federal state (§ 34 para. 1 No. 1 BDSG in conjunction with § 33 para. 1 No. 2 lit. b BDSG), or the data are stored only because they may not be deleted due to legal or statutory storage regulations, or exclusively serve purposes of data backup or data protection control and the provision of information would require a disproportionate effort and processing for other purposes is excluded by suitable technical and organizational measures (§ 34 para. 1 No. 2 BDSG).
• under Art. 16 GDPR to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data retained by us;
• under Art. 17 GDPR to demand the erasure of your personal data retained by us, unless the processing of this data is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information that is required to comply with legal requirements for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• under Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest its accuracy, the processing is unlawful, the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data, although you require it for the establishment, exercise of defense of legal claims, or you have contested its processing under Art. 21 GDPR.
• under Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to demand its transfer to another authorized person;
• under Art. 7, para. 3, to withdraw your previously given consent at any time. If you do, we will no longer be able to continue any data processing that was based on this consent,
• if your personal data is processed on the basis of justified interests in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1, sentence 1, letter f GDPR, under Art. 21 GDPR you can object to the processing of your personal data if grounds exist that are related to your particular situation or your objection is directed toward direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to contest processing of your personal data by us without having to describe your particular situation.
You also have a general right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority having jurisdiction for you. The authority responsible for us is the „Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Nordrhein-Westfalen”.
To exercise your right to withdraw your consent or to object to the processing of your personal information, just sent an e-mail to email@example.com.
During your website visit, we use common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption together with the highest encryption level that is currently supported by your browser. This is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will instead use 128-bit v3 technology. You can determine whether an individual page of our Internet site is transmitted in encrypted form by looking for the locked display of the lock or key symbol in the bottom status line of your browser. We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or malicious tampering, partial or total loss, destruction and unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are continuously updated as the technology evolves.
Date and amendment of this data protection notice
This data protection notice is valid as of May 2018. As a result of the evolution of our website and offerings on it, or as a result of modified legal or official requirements, it may occasionally be necessary to amend this data protection notice. You can at any time consult and print out the current data protection notice on the website under https://demig.de/english/datenschutz.html